POSITION: Tech Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
HOURS / WEEK: Part time
SALARY: $14.00 per hour
Under direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Technology Coordinator oversees the Tech Lounge including organization, inventory and maintenance of all tech equipment, such as hardware, software, gaming consoles and accessories. The Tech Coordinator coordinates and implements Tech Lounge programs including the Chop’s Maker Space and is responsible for mentoring and guiding teens while ensuring adherence to the Chop’s Code of Conduct and Tech Policy.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Develop and maintain technology programs according to Chop’s Teen Club priorities, program goals and Code of Conduct.
- Keeps current with latest technology and communicates needs for Tech Lounge.
- Organize and maintain tech equipment, including managing inventory controls.
- Actively participate in management meetings, staff meetings and training sessions.
- Act as event staff for monthly dances and facility attendant as needed.
- Maintain good communications and relationships with participants and other staff.
- Sets a positive example in conduct and personal habits.
- Actively participates in, leads and supervises Chop’s Teen Club programs and activities in the tech lounge while mentoring the members.
- Ensure that Chop’s Tech Policy and user agreements are adhered to.
- Provide leadership to create a safe, healthy and age appropriate environment resulting in a positive experience for teens.
- Supervise staff and volunteers while carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws; responsible for addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures the Tech Lounge is organized, clean and well-run. This includes making recommendations to the IT Director and Program Manager, maintenance and cleaning of the tech equipment, trouble shooting and solving technical problems.
- Utilizes and ensures utilization by Tech Lounge staff of opening/closing checklists to ensure tech lounge equipment and space is well cared for.
- Report criminal and medical emergency incidents to proper authorities or EMS, and logs all incident reports.
- Recruit participants for Chop’s tech and maker programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other tech and maker programs and teachers especially through local middle and high schools.
- Maintain positive community relations.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to take apart a basic computer and accurately re-build it.
- Must be Adobe Suite proficient.
- Knowledge and experience with servers, computer hardware and software, including systems and Deep Freeze.
- Knowledge and experience working effectively with, and relating to, teens ages 12 to 18.
- Knowledge of computer games such as XBOX 360, Wii U, League of Legends, Starcraft 2, Counterstrike, Minecraft, Team Fortress 2 required.
- Fingerprint clearance through the California Department of Justice.
- First aid and CPR certification required within 90 days of employment.