POSITION: Lobby Assistant
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
HOURS / WEEK: Part time/ 16.5 hours per week
SALARY: $10.00 per hour
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Under direct supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Lobby Assistant manages the reception desk functions including greeting customers and members, managing registration and membership process with cash drawer, and oversees adherence to the Code of Conduct. Also organizes and follows checkout/return procedure of equipment. The Lobby Assistant also acts as a mentor to teens
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Enters new membership information into computerized files, issues membership cards, and grants entry according to procedures.
- Registers participants in programs, collects money, counts in and out of cash drawer and balances.
- Maintains a professional and clean work space for colleagues and members.
- Maintains good communications and relationships with participants and other staff.
- Is an active participant in staff meetings and training sessions.
- Supports administrative team with clerical tasks.
- Makes phone calls to members, parents and staff.
- Maintains a safe, healthy and age appropriate environment resulting in a positive experience for teens. Develop appropriate/mentor relationships with as many members as possible.
- Greets guests and incoming phone calls in a professional and friendly manor, and routes them to their destination.
- Enforces appropriate adherence to Chop’s Code of Conduct.
- Assists staff security personnel to assure the safety of participants, staff and neighbors.
- Sets a positive example in conduct, interpersonal communication and personal hygiene.
- Communicates pertinent information to each program area, floor supervisor and management staff.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Knowledge and experience working effectively with, and relating to, teens ages 12 to 18.
- Knowledge and experience with customer service, answering phones and operating a computer.
- Fingerprint clearance through the California Department of Justice.
- First aid and CPR certification required within 90 days of employment.
If interested please contact Taylor Krenwinkel, Program and Outreach Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-284-2467 x122